Did you know that…
1) … every handmade carpet is unique? There is always a slight, special difference.
3) … the oldest existing carpet is 2500 years old and was discovered in 1947 well-preserved in permafrost? It shows the already very high development of carpet-making in Persia around 500 BC. The famous Pazyryk carpet can rival any of its modern counterparts in fineness and beauty. You can see it at the Hermitage in St. Petersburg
4) … you can bring us your own design or painting and we transform it into a carpet of your preferred size within 4 to 6 months? This is also possible for your children’s art – and all at an affordable price!
Source: https://bit.ly/3jUZZL2 (We don’t own the rights to this picture)
6) … the first-ever Carpet store in Bratislava was called “Bagdad” and opened its doors in 1863 at Michalská 25? Carpet City was formerly Arina Enterprises, located in the same historical Barbakan building bringing the carpet tradition back to Bratislava in the 21st century.
The famous carpet shop, Bagdad, on Michalská street in 1962 (Source: https://bit.ly/337VNAS)
7) … the most expensive carpet ever bought at an auction is a 17th Century Antique Persian Carpet sold at Sotheby’s for $33 million in 2013?
8) … as of the 15th century, Persian and Oriental carpets became important objects in the courts of the European Royal families? Oriental carpets – albeit often stylized – are depicted in oil paintings of the era, for example, in the Darmstadt Madonna by Holbein (1528) or Vermeer’s The Music Lesson (1665).
9) … thick Persian carpets are found in many recording studios, not only for aesthetic reasons, but for better audio results?